Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Indy Mini Marathon

I haven't posted on here in a long while, so my apologies. Daily updates coming soon as I've realized I've definitely been bitten by the competition bug. Seeing how this is my training log, I need to make better use of it to track miles and day to day changes in my training.


All of my hard work and training really paid off. On May 2, 2009 I completed my first half-marathon, the Indianapolis One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon, and it exceeded my expectations. I had a blast. My fiance, pictured above, also ran the race with me along with a handful of training partners we've hooked up with through our gym.

I completed the 13.1 mile course in 2:02.16, not bad for a first-timer and running neophyte. I will definitely be running the race again next year. As of now, debating whether to sign up for another mini August 2nd in Chicago.

I went on my first post-race run yesterday with my dog Lucy. I hadn't taken a day off working out since before the race to needless to say my body was pretty tired. Lucy was ready to keep going but my legs told me I needed a break after 2.5 miles. I figure I'll start slow and get back into it. Hope to do 5 on Thursday and gear up for 8 on Sunday with the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment